What is BRUPAL Tablet used for?
BRUPAL Tablet is used for the treatment of fever, inflammation and pain. This combination is also used in the treatment of arthritis, menstrual cramps and body pains.
BRUPAL Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BRUPAL Tablet work?
In BRUPAL Tablet, Ibuprofen belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). This drug inhibits the action of prostaglandins, which are responsible for pain and inflammation. Thus, it helps in reducing the pain and inflammation.
Paracetamol is an anti-pyretic and analgesic drug. It acts by inhibiting the production of pain and inflammation-causing mediators called prostaglandins.
How to use BRUPAL Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BRUPAL Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. In case of syrup, take the prescribed dose as recommended by the doctor. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BRUPAL Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.The overdose symptoms of BRUPAL Tablet may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Acute renal failure
- Decreased heart rate
- Increased body temperature
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BRUPAL Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BRUPAL Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BRUPAL Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BRUPAL Tablet:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Pale skin
- Pale urine
- Shortness of breath
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased palpitations
- Severe diarrhoea
- Unusual bleeding and bruising
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BRUPAL Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
- Be cautious while taking BRUPAL Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
You are advised not to take BRUPAL Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BRUPAL Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of chronic infections and liver or kidney disorders before using BRUPAL Tablet medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about BRUPAL Tablet
- Is it safe to take BRUPAL Tablet in case of liver failure?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using BRUPAL Tablet?
- Is it common to experience blood in the stool or urine while on BRUPAL Tablet?
- Is it safe to use BRUPAL Tablet for long-term?
You must avoid taking BRUPAL Tablet if you have a history of liver failure, as it may further worsen the condition. Consult the doctor before using the drug.
Follow a nutritious diet as the use of BRUPAL Tablet may reduce your appetite.
No, blood in stool or urine is a rare side effect of BRUPAL Tablet. However, please consult your doctor in case if you experience this symptom.
You must avoid using BRUPAL Tablet for long-term, as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.