What is BRIOGUT Syrup used for?
BRIOGUT Syrup are used for the prevention and treatment of the following conditions:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis
- Lactose intolerance
- Urinary tract infections
- High cholesterol levels
- Short bowel syndrome
BRIOGUT Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How do BRIOGUT Syrup work?
BRIOGUT Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called probiotics. This drugs acts by restoring the balance of good microorganisms in the intestine and promotes gut health.
How to take BRIOGUT Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BRIOGUT Syrup capsule/powder/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take BRIOGUT Syrup with or without food.
- Empty contents of the sachet into half a glass of water. Shake well before drinking to ensure that the powder is fully dissolved.
- For syrup dosage form, measure the prescribed amount of liquid before taking each dose. Shake well before use.
If you miss a dose of BRIOGUT Syrup, please take it immediately. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BRIOGUT Syrup?
Drugs that interact with Lactobacillus + Racecadotril + BRIOGUT Syrup boulardii include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BRIOGUT Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of BRIOGUT Syrup:
- Stomach gas
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- High fever
- Persistent cough
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BRIOGUT Syrup?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on BRIOGUT Syrup
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may increase the side effects when taken with BRIOGUT Syrup.
You are advised not to take BRIOGUT Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BRIOGUT Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to BRIOGUT Syrup or any similar drugs.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking BRIOGUT Syrup.
Frequently Asked questions about BRIOGUT Syrup
- How to store BRIOGUT Syrup?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using BRIOGUT Syrup?
- How long can I use BRIOGUT Syrup?
BRIOGUT Syrup should be stored at room temperature between (20 – 25 ºC), away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
BRIOGUT Syrup may cause stomach gas. Therefore, follow a diet which includes more green leafy vegetables and fruits. Avoid having carbonated drinks.
BRIOGUT Syrup should be used only for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.