|Out of stock|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is BONRISE 150mg Tablet used for?
BONRISE 150mg Tablet is used for the treatment of post-menopausal osteoporosis, hypercalcaemia, skeletal muscle defects and bone metastasis in patients with breast cancer.
BONRISE 150mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BONRISE 150mg Tablet work?
BONRISE 150mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called bone mineralisation agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of osteoclast, which helps in breakdown of bone by bone cells. Thus, it helps in increasing the bone strength. It also helps by reducing the risk of hip fractures.
How to use BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use BONRISE 150mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- BONRISE 150mg Tablet is available as an injection and tablet. BONRISE 150mg Tablet injection should be administered under medical supervision.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
The overdose symptoms of BONRISE 150mg Tablet may include:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Severe abdominal pain
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BONRISE 150mg Tablet include the following:
- Mycophenolic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BONRISE 150mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Bone pain
- Increased nitrogen and blood urea levels
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Osteonecrosis of jaw bone
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BONRISE 150mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BONRISE 150mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking BONRISE 150mg Tablet tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid the medicine if you can’t stay in an upright position or stand for at least one hour.
You are advised not to use BONRISE 150mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cancer, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, bone fractures or low calcium levels.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of BONRISE 150mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about BONRISE 150mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
- I am on BONRISE 150mg Tablet for hypercalcaemia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of BONRISE 150mg Tablet?
- Can I take BONRISE 150mg Tablet tablet if I am lactose intolerant?
Yes, periodic monitoring of bone mineral density, serum phosphate, serum magnesium and serum calcium levels is advised while using BONRISE 150mg Tablet.
Upon normalisation of serum calcium levels, you may stop the use of BONRISE 150mg Tablet. However, it is advised to consult the doctor before you discontinue the medicine.
No, altering the dose of BONRISE 150mg Tablet is not advised. Please consult your doctor if you have to alter the dose.
No, BONRISE 150mg Tablet tablets contain lactose. Therefore, please inform your doctor if you are lactose intolerant.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.