BIODOXI 100MG CAPSULE 10'S
By BIOCHEM PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||6 substitute/s available|
Rs.10.89 (12% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Doxycycline used for?
Doxycycline capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in the prevention of malaria. It is recommended for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Urinary tract infections
- Eye infections
- Gum diseases
Doxycycline may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Doxycycline work?
Doxycycline belongs to the class of drugs called tetracycline antibiotics. The drug acts by blocking the bacterial protein synthesis by binding to certain ribosomal subunits and prevents the growth of bacteria. Thus, it reduces the bacterial infection.
How to take Doxycycline?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Doxycycline capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule . Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Doxycycline, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Doxycycline?
Drugs that interact with Doxycycline include the following:
- Vitamin A
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Doxycycline?
The following are the most common side effects of Doxycycline:
- Stomach upset
- Discolouration of teeth
- Difficulty in swallowing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe headache
- Vision changes
- Sudden blindness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Doxycycline?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Doxycycline or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Doxycycline.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Doxycycline causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid Doxycycline during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take Doxycycline if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Doxycycline?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory conditions.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Doxycycline
- Can Doxycycline be used in the treatment of cholera?
- Is it safe to receive vaccines while taking Doxycycline?
- Can Doxycycline be used to treat facial redness due to rosacea?
- Can Doxycycline be used in the treatment of chickenpox?
Yes. Doxycycline can be used in the treatment of cholera when advised by the doctor.
No. Doxycycline reduces the effectiveness of the vaccines. Therefore, it is advised not to receive any vaccine while taking Doxycycline.
No. Doxycycline is not recommended for the treatment of facial redness due to rosacea.
No. Chickenpox is a viral infection, whereas Doxycycline is an antibiotic and it only treats bacterial infections.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.