Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
BIO D3 PLUS Capsule 10's
What is BIO D3 PLUS Capsule used for?
BIO D3 PLUS Capsule capsule, tablet, syrup is used for the treatment of calcium deficiency disorders, hypoparathyroidism and postmenopausal osteoporosis.
BIO D3 PLUS Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BIO D3 PLUS Capsule work?
In BIO D3 PLUS Capsule, Calcitriol belongs to the class of drugs called vitamin D analogues. The drug acts by binding to the intracellular receptors, which function as transcription factors to regulate the gene expression. It also acts by increasing calcium absorption in the intestine, thereby increasing the serum calcium levels.
Calcium is used as a supplement. It acts by regulating the uptake and binding of amino acids. It acts by maintaining the calcium balance in the body.
How to take BIO D3 PLUS Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BIO D3 PLUS Capsule capsule/tablet/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule include the following:
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual weakness
- Abdominal cramps
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BIO D3 PLUS Capsule?
Drugs that interact with BIO D3 PLUS Capsule include the following:
- Ferrous fumarate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BIO D3 PLUS Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to BIO D3 PLUS Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid taking BIO D3 PLUS Capsule if you are suffering from hypercalcemia (increased levels of calcium in the blood).
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Be cautious while taking BIO D3 PLUS Capsule if you have any kidney impairment.
You are advised not to take BIO D3 PLUS Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BIO D3 PLUS Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, renal dysfunction or undergoing dialysis treatment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about BIO D3 PLUS Capsule
- Is it safe to alter the dose of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule medicine for a faster recovery?
- Can I take BIO D3 PLUS Capsule during pregnancy?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BIO D3 PLUS Capsule?
- How should BIO D3 PLUS Capsule be stored?
No. It is not advisable to alter the dose of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule without doctor’s consent.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of BIO D3 PLUS Capsule during pregnancy.
It is required to monitor the levels of serum calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and alkaline phosphatase levels while taking BIO D3 PLUS Capsule medicine.
BIO D3 PLUS Capsule should be stored between 15-300C. Protect the medication from heat, light, and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.