BINTAC Injection 2ml
By Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is BINTAC Injection used for?
BINTAC Injection is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Indigestion and heartburn
- Peptic ulcers
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug induced peptic ulcer
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
BINTAC Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BINTAC Injection work?
BINTAC Injection belongs to the class of drugs called histamine-2 receptor blockers. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of histamine on the parietal cells of GI tract. This reduces the production of stomach acid and prevents the ulcers in oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.
How to use BINTAC Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use BINTAC Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not crush or chew BINTAC Injection tablet . Dissolve effervescent tablet completely in the water and take the mixture.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose of BINTAC Injection syrup so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- BINTAC Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
The overdose symptoms of BINTAC Injection may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble walking
- Difficulty speaking
What are the drugs that interact with BINTAC Injection ?
Drugs that interact with BINTAC Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BINTAC Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of BINTAC Injection tablet/syrup:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Frequent chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using BINTAC Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BINTAC Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on BINTAC Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while using BINTAC Injection , as it may cause dizziness.
You are advised not to use BINTAC Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BINTAC Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of clotting disorders, phenylketonuria, kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about BINTAC Injection
- Is it safe to use BINTAC Injection tablet during pregnancy?
- Is it common to have symptoms like coughing up mucus and chest pain while using BINTAC Injection ?
- How long does BINTAC Injection medication take to show its effects?
- What are the other formulations of BINTAC Injection available?
Consult your doctor before using BINTAC Injection medication during pregnancy. Take BINTAC Injection only when prescribed by the doctor.
Coughing up mucus and chest pain are the rare and severe side effects of BINTAC Injection . Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
BINTAC Injection medication may take an hour to relieve the symptoms such as indigestion and heartburn.
BINTAC Injection is available as tablet, liquid, syrup and injection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.