What is BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET used for?
BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET tablet/syrup is used for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy.
BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET injection is used for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy and megaloblastic anaemia.
BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET work?
BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called vitamins. The drug acts by increasing erythrocyte production, thereby promoting the synthesis of nucleic acid in the bone marrow. Thus, it helps in treating anaemia.
How to use BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET tablet/syrup/injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET:
- Skin rash
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Decreased appetite
- Uncontrollable movements
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Clots in the arms or legs
- Congestive heart failure
- Decreased levels of potassium in the blood
- Fluid build-up in the lungs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may alter the absorption of
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consuming grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET medication.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor, especially while using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET medication during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to use BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of iron deficiency, folate deficiency, bone disease (polycythaemia) or blood in urine.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET medication along with antacids.
Frequently Asked Questions about BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET
- How should BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET be stored?
- Is it safe to use BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET medication during pregnancy?
- Should I be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET?
BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light, and moisture.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET medication during pregnancy.
Yes, it is advised to undergo blood tests regularly while using BIGVIN 1500MG TABLET.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.