BIGOMET 850mg Tablet 10's
By Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.14.90 (6% Savings)
Rs.14.90 (6% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is BIGOMET 850mg Tablet used for?
BIGOMET 850mg Tablet tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
BIGOMET 850mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BIGOMET 850mg Tablet work?
BIGOMET 850mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. The drug acts by improving insulin sensitivity and maintaining the blood glucose levels by lowering the hepatic glucose production and increasing the intestinal absorption of glucose.
How to take BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BIGOMET 850mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of BIGOMET 850mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BIGOMET 850mg Tablet include the following:
- Rapid breathing
- Severe nausea
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BIGOMET 850mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BIGOMET 850mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Metallic taste in the mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Respiratory tract infections
- Allergic skin reactions
- Unusual muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to BIGOMET 850mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on BIGOMET 850mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BIGOMET 850mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take BIGOMET 850mg Tablet
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about BIGOMET 850mg Tablet
- Can I take birth control pills while on BIGOMET 850mg Tablet medication?
- Can I stop taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet medicine if I feel better?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet?
No. Birth control pills are known to interact with BIGOMET 850mg Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor before using any other medication while on BIGOMET 850mg Tablet.
No. Continue taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet even if you feel better. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to abnormal blood glucose levels.
Blood sugar levels should be monitored while taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet medicine to check for the effect of the drug.
Yes, it is advised to follow diabetic diet along with daily exercises while taking BIGOMET 850mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.