Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
BIDURET TABLET 10'S
What is Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide combination used for?
Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat the following conditions:
- Oedema (fluid retention);
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Congestive heart failure.
Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide combination work?
- Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic (water pill) and is a combination of a potassium-sparing diuretic (Amiloride) and a thiazide diuretic (Hydrochlorothiazide).
- The Amiloride component helps minimize potassium loss.
- The Hydrochlorothiazide component helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide work together by making the kidneys eliminate sodium (salt) and water from the body, which helps to lower blood pressure.
How to take Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide?
- The dosage of oral tablet of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide as prescribed by your doctor.
- You are advised to take the tablet with or after food.
- Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide is not advisable for children and adolescents.
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the tablet.
- Do not discontinue the medication without consulting a doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have taken an overdose of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide?
If you have taken an overdose of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide, please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide are:
- Headache, dizziness, confusion, coma, somnolence
- Nausea, vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain, gas
What are the drugs that interact with Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide?
Drugs that interact with Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide?
Most common side effects of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide are:
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle pain or cramps
Please stop your tablets and contact your physician immediately if you have
- irregular heartbeats;
- numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips;
- weakness or heaviness of the legs;
- laboured breathing;
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide?
Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide
You are advised not to take Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
You are advised to regularly monitor your renal function tests, liver function test and blood tests, if you are on a long-term treatment of Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide
What should you tell your doctor before taking Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you have severe liver disease.
- you have impaired kidney function.
- you are taking digitalis such as digoxin - used for heart failure and abnormal heart beat.
- you suffer from gout (a condition where too much uric acid in the body causes joint pains).
- you are due to take a glucose tolerance test.
- you have asthma.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide
Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide do not store above 25°C. Store in the original container and do not transfer to another container.
Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide causes drowsiness, fatigue, visual disturbances and dizziness in some individuals. Avoid driving if you are taking Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide.
There are no dietary restrictions if you are taking Amiloride + Hydrochlorothiazide.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.