BETT Injection 5ml
What is BETT Injection used for?
BETT Injection is used for the prevention of tetanus.
BETT Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BETT Injection work?
BETT Injection belongs to the class of drugs called as the immunising agents. This drug acts by producing antibodies, which results in protecting the body against the infection.
How to use BETT Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
BETT Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision.
BETT Injection is administered in three doses. The second dose is administered after 4 to 6 weeks of the first dose, and the third dose should be administered after 6 to 12 weeks of the second dose.
If you miss a dose of BETT Injection injection, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with BETT Injection ?
Drugs that interact with BETT Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BETT Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of Tetanus toxoid:
- Mild fever
- Join pain
- Muscle aches
- Swelling at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle weakness
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Trouble swallowing
- Hearing problem
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving BETT Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BETT Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BETT Injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid receiving the booster vaccine if you had experienced any allergic reactions after administration of the first shot.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving BETT Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of immune system disorders, bleeding disorders and history of vaccines.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to latex.
- Tell your doctor if you are receiving any steroids, chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Frequently Asked questions about BETT Injection
- What is the standard dose of BETT Injection ?
- How should BETT Injection be stored?
- Can I take a second dose of BETT Injection ?
The recommended dose of BETT Injection is 0.5 ml intramuscularly. Please consult your doctor for further information.
BETT Injection must be stored at 2 – 8°C. Do not freeze the drug.
Yes. However, it is advised to receive the booster dose of BETT Injection at least after 10 years of the first shot.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.