Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
BETANEX Cream 20gm
By Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is BETANEX Cream used for?
BETANEX Cream cream/lotion is used for the treatment of skin rashes, skin irritation and psoriasis.
BETANEX Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BETANEX Cream work?
In BETANEX Cream, Betamethasone belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by exhibiting its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive properties, thereby reducing allergy and irritation on the skin.
Zinc is an element, which acts by reducing the growth of bacteria on the injured skin, thereby protecting the skin from external irritants. Thus, it acts as a temporary barrier in protecting the skin from the external environment and helps to heal the damaged skin.
How to apply BETANEX Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Apply BETANEX Cream cream/lotion as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of BETANEX Cream cream/lotion to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of BETANEX Cream, please apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BETANEX Cream?
Drugs that interact with BETANEX Cream include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BETANEX Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of BETANEX Cream:
- Cracking of the skin
- Skin dryness
- Folliculitis (crusting around hair follicles)
- Reddish-purple discolouration
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe skin irritation
- Signs of infection
- Change in the skin colour
- Swelling of the skin
- Oozing pus
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using BETANEX Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BETANEX Cream or similar drugs.
- Do not use an excess amount of BETANEX Cream medicine over the skin to avoid pilling.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on BETANEX Cream
- Avoid using BETANEX Cream for more than a week without consulting a doctor.
- Do not use BETANEX Cream cream/lotion in children without doctor’s advice.
- Avoid getting BETANEX Cream in contact with your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid using BETANEX Cream topical on your face, underarms or near the genitals without doctor’s instruction.
You are advised not to use BETANEX Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BETANEX Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of prevailing skin conditions.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any type of skin infection.
Frequently Asked Questions about BETANEX Cream
- How long can I use BETANEX Cream?
- Is it safe to apply cosmetics over the area treated with BETANEX Cream?
- How should BETANEX Cream be stored?
- Can I apply BETANEX Cream to treat the area of the skin affected with athlete's foot?
It is advisable to use BETANEX Cream exactly for a prescribed duration of time. Long-term use of the medication may increase the risk of side effects.
Avoid using any kind of cosmetics over the area treated with BETANEX Cream as it reacts with the chemicals in the cosmetics.
BETANEX Cream should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat and moisture. Do not use the medication near an open flame as the medicine is flammable.
Consult your doctor before using BETANEX Cream to treat fungal skin infections, such as athlete's foot.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.