Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is BETALOL H Tablet used for?
BETALOL H Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
BETALOL H Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BETALOL H Tablet work?
In BETALOL H Tablet, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. It acts by reducing the fluid volume in the blood. Thus, it decreases the blood pressure.
Nebivolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta blockers. It works by blocking the action of adrenaline. Thus, it helps in decreasing blood pressure, normalising heart rate and improving the flow of blood in the blood vessels.
How to take BETALOL H Tablet?
The dosage of the drug depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BETALOL H Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BETALOL H Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BETALOL H Tablet may include:
- Cold sweats
- Increased thirst
What are the drugs that interact with BETALOL H Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BETALOL H Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BETALOL H Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BETALOL H Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heart beat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Tarry stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BETALOL H Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of BETALOL H Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BETALOL H Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BETALOL H Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BETALOL H Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take BETALOL H Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BETALOL H Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, renal and hepatic disorders, psoriasis or other chronic diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have undergone any major surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of BETALOL H Tablet medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions about BETALOL H Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of BETALOL H Tablet?
- How should BETALOL H Tablet be stored?
- How long can I take BETALOL H Tablet?
- Can I give BETALOL H Tablet to my 10-year-old child?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BETALOL H Tablet?
No, altering the dose of Hydrochlorothiazide+ Nebivolol combination is not advised.
Store Hydrochlorothiazide+ Nebivolol medicine in a cool and dry place. Keep the medicine away from moisture and sunlight.
Take BETALOL H Tablet medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop taking medicine without consulting the doctor.
No, BETALOL H Tablet should not be given to the children unless prescribed by the physician.
Yes. It is recommended to monitor the blood pressure on a regular basis while on BETALOL H Tablet to determine the efficacy of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.