BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet 10's
By East West Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.34.00 (35% Savings)
Rs.40.00 (24% Savings)
Rs.41.00 (22% Savings)
Rs.50.00 (5% Savings)
Rs.50.00 (5% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet used for?
BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet is used to treat hypertension. It is also used to prevent stroke and heart attack in patients with heart disease.
BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet work?
BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensive agents. This drug acts by blocking certain receptors in the heart, resulting in decreased heart rate and blood pressure. It also works by blocking the hormones released by the kidneys, which cause constriction of blood vessels. Thus, it helps in decreasing the high blood pressure.
How to take BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet may include the following:
- Persistent vomiting
- Difficulty in breathing
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet include the following:
- Potassium iodide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Decreased heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of limbs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Stop using BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet several days before any surgery.
- Be cautious while taking BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet as it may result in hypoglycaemia.
- Do not use BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy because the effect of the drug on the foetus is yet unknown.
- Avoid breastfeeding while on BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid alcohol while you are on BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet medication as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
You are advised not to take BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of angina, bradycardia, liver failure, heart failure, lung diseases, hyperthyroidism, pheochromocytoma, and diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet
- How should BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to stop taking BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet once the symptoms subside?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet medication?
Store BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet tablets at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat and moisture.
No, it is not advised to discontinue the drug without doctor’s consent.
Yes, continuous monitoring of blood pressure and heart function is advised while on BETALOL 2.5mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.