What is BETADINE?
- BETADINE contains Povidone iodine which is broad-spectrum microbicide solution for use on the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What BETADINE is used for?
It is used
- in the treatment of infected and inflammatory conditions of the mouth and pharynx including stomatitis, gingivitis, aphthous ulcers, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, monilial infections, common colds and influenza
- as prophylactic during and after surgery e.g. after tonsillectomy and dental procedures
Talk to your doctor before taking BETADINE, if you:
- are allergic to povidone iodine or any of the other ingredients
- have thyroid problems
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before using this medicine
- Always take this medicine as exactly as your doctor told you
- Dilute one part of BETADINE with two parts of water, rinse mouth thoroughly and spit out
- For infections of mouth and throat: Use full strength and rinse or gargle for 30 seconds then spit out, repeat hourly
If you use more BETADINE
- Contact your doctor or go to nearest hospital immediately
If you forget to use BETADINE
- If you forget to use BETADINE, use it as soon as you remember or at the usual time
If you stop using BETADINE
- Do not stop using BETADINE unless your doctor tells you
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.