Rs.18.48 (53% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.21.88 (45% Savings)
Rs.25.00 (37% Savings)
Rs.25.70 (35% Savings)
Rs.26.01 (34% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule used for?
BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, arrhythmias and severe tremors. It is also used to treat angina and improve the quality of life in patients with heart attack.
BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule work?
BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called beta blockers. This drug acts by inhibiting epinephrine and norepinephrine from binding to the receptors. Blocking the receptors makes the heart muscles to relax, which normalises the blood pressure. This drug also prevents angina attack by reducing the workload of the heart.
How to take BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet/capsule. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. If you are recommended to take the drug in four divided doses, then you can take it with or without food. If it is prescribed as a single dose, then take the drug on an empty stomach.
If you miss a dose of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule may include:
- Very slow heart rate
- Severe dizziness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Tightness in the chest
- Unusual dreams
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney and respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
- What are the contraindications of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule?
- What is the initial dose of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule for hypertension?
- What are the other formulations of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule available?
Follow a balanced diet while taking BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule, unless any specific dietary instructions advised by the doctor.
BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule is contraindicated in patients with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), shock, severe hypotension and sick sinus syndrome.
The initial dose of BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule for hypertension is 40 mg twice daily.
BETACAP TR 40mg Capsule is also available as an injection and oral solution.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.