What is BET OZ Tablet used for?
BET OZ Tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
BET OZ Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BET OZ Tablet work?
In BET OZ Tablet, Ofloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called broad-spectrum antibiotics. This drug acts by blocking certain bacterial enzymes and inhibiting their function. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the bacterial cell division and propagation.
Ornidazole belongs to the class of drugs called imidazole derivatives. The drug acts by binding to certain regions of bacterial DNA and inhibits the bacterial protein synthesis, which is necessary for its survival.
How to take BET OZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BET OZ Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take BET OZ Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of BET OZ Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BET OZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BET OZ Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BET OZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BET OZ Tablet:
- Taste impairment
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Temporary loss of consciousness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BET OZ Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BET OZ Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BET OZ Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BET OZ Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking BET OZ Tablet if you have any kidney impairment or epilepsy.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid BET OZ Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take BET OZ Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BET OZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver problem, hypersensitivity, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis or renal insufficiency.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about BET OZ Tablet
- How should BET OZ Tablet be stored?
- What are the special dietary instructions that should be followed while taking BET OZ Tablet?
- Can I take BET OZ Tablet to treat viral infections?
BET OZ Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30?C). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
It is advised to avoid consuming milk and dairy products while on BET OZ Tablet medication.
No, BET OZ Tablet is only prescribed to treat bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor for an appropriate medication in case of any viral infections.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.