What is BENZADAY 15mg Capsule used for?
BENZADAY 15mg Capsule capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of muscle spasms.
BENZADAY 15mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BENZADAY 15mg Capsule work?
BENZADAY 15mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxant. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors in the brain and decreases the muscle tone, thereby reducing pain, tenderness and improves mobility.
How to take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BENZADAY 15mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of BENZADAY 15mg Capsule include the following:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Slurred speech
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with BENZADAY 15mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with BENZADAY 15mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BENZADAY 15mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of BENZADAY 15mg Capsule:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble urinating
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BENZADAY 15mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to BENZADAY 15mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BENZADAY 15mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BENZADAY 15mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BENZADAY 15mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BENZADAY 15mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about BENZADAY 15mg Capsule
- How should BENZADAY 15mg Capsule be stored?
- How long can I take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule in glaucoma patients?
BENZADAY 15mg Capsule should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
It is advised to take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule once daily for two to three weeks.
No. It is advised not to take BENZADAY 15mg Capsule in glaucoma patients, as it increases the intraocular pressure.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.