Rs.108.90 (26% Savings)
Rs.138.00 (7% Savings)
Rs.145.00 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is BENITOWA 8mg Tablet used for?
BENITOWA 8mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension and angina pectoris.
BENITOWA 8mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BENITOWA 8mg Tablet work?
BENITOWA 8mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by inhibiting the influx of calcium ions in the vascular smooth muscles and reduces the contraction of the heart. Thus, it causes vasodilation and allows free flow of the blood.
How to take BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BENITOWA 8mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BENITOWA 8mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BENITOWA 8mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BENITOWA 8mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Facial flushing
- Hot flushes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shoulder stiffness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increased frequency of urine
- Ringing in the ear
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to BENITOWA 8mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BENITOWA 8mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BENITOWA 8mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BENITOWA 8mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take BENITOWA 8mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about BENITOWA 8mg Tablet
- What is the dose of BENITOWA 8mg Tablet for treating angina?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking BENITOWA 8mg Tablet?
The dose of BENITOWA 8mg Tablet for treating angina is 4mg twice daily. However, please consult your doctor.
It is advised to undergo liver function tests regularly while taking BENITOWA 8mg Tablet.
No. It is not advisable to drink grapefruit juice while taking BENITOWA 8mg Tablet as it causes hypotension.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.