Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
BENFORMIN HS Tablet 10's
By Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
What is BENFORMIN HS Tablet used for?
BENFORMIN HS Tablet is used to control blood sugar levels in the patients with type 2 diabetes. This combination should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise to improve glycemic control.
BENFORMIN HS Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BENFORMIN HS Tablet work?
BENFORMIN HS Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine. It helps in the production of endogenous insulin by stimulating the pancreatic cells. This results in lowering the glucose concentration in the blood.
Metformin helps in decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine and decreases glucose production in the liver. Thus, it lowers blood glucose levels.
How to take BENFORMIN HS Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Glibenclamide as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with food.
If you miss a dose of BENFORMIN HS Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BENFORMIN HS Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BENFORMIN HS Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BENFORMIN HS Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BENFORMIN HS Tablet:
- Upset stomach
- Metallic taste
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision
- Profuse sweating
- Sore throat
- Increased hunger
- Dark-coloured urine
- Allergic skin reactions
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BENFORMIN HS Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BENFORMIN HS Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on BENFORMIN HS Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it increases the risk of severe hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar levels) while taking BENFORMIN HS Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BENFORMIN HS Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not use BENFORMIN HS Tablet if you have a history of lactic acidosis.
You are advised not to take BENFORMIN HS Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BENFORMIN HS Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney problem, liver problem, adrenal or pituitary gland problem, diabetic ketoacidosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome or gastrointestinal problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor about the usage of the drug before undergoing any medical procedures.
Frequently Asked questions about BENFORMIN HS Tablet
- How should BENFORMIN HS Tablet be stored?
- I am on BENFORMIN HS Tablet for type 2 diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- What are the other formulations available for BENFORMIN HS Tablet?
- Is it safe to take BENFORMIN HS Tablet during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use BENFORMIN HS Tablet in elderly with type 2 diabetes?
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
No. Continue using BENFORMIN HS Tablet until your doctor instructs you to stop using it. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to changes in the blood sugar levels.
BENFORMIN HS Tablet is available only in the form of a tablet.
Yes, BENFORMIN HS Tablet is known to be safe during pregnancy. However, you must consult the doctor before taking any drug during pregnancy.
Use of BENFORMIN HS Tablet should be avoided in elderly as it may increase the risk of low blood sugar levels. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.