Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is BASALOG REFIL Cartridge used for?
BASALOG REFIL Cartridge is used for the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
BASALOG REFIL Cartridge may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BASALOG REFIL Cartridge work?
BASALOG REFIL Cartridge belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-diabetic drugs. This drug helps in lowering the blood glucose levels by stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake. It also lowers the blood glucose levels by inhibiting the glucose production by the liver.
How to use BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
BASALOG REFIL Cartridge is available as an injection and should be administered as per the instructions provided by the doctor.
- For type 1 diabetes, BASALOG REFIL Cartridge should be administered 15 minutes before a meal.
- For type 2 diabetes, BASALOG REFIL Cartridge should be administered 15 minutes before or after a meal.
Avoid injecting the drug into a skin area that is swollen and red.
If you miss a dose of BASALOG REFIL Cartridge, please consult the doctor.
The overdose symptoms of BASALOG REFIL Cartridge may include:
- Muscle weakness
- Blurred vision
What are the drugs that interact with BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
Drugs that interact with BASALOG REFIL Cartridge include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
The following are the most common side effects of BASALOG REFIL Cartridge:
- Sore throat
- Redness and swelling at the site of injection
- Trouble breathing
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Slurred speech
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BASALOG REFIL Cartridge or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with BASALOG REFIL Cartridge.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BASALOG REFIL Cartridge.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BASALOG REFIL Cartridge causes dizziness or blurred vision.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypokalaemia, diabetic ketoacidosis and liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about BASALOG REFIL Cartridge
- I am using Captopril for hypertension. Can I use BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
- Can I use BASALOG REFIL Cartridge for diabetic ketoacidosis?
- What are the other formulations of BASALOG REFIL Cartridge available?
- How long can I use BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
- Can I drive after using BASALOG REFIL Cartridge?
No. Do not use Captopril along with BASALOG REFIL Cartridge, as it may lead to complications. Please consult your doctor.
No, BASALOG REFIL Cartridge is only prescribed to treat diabetes mellitus. However, please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of diabetic ketoacidosis.
BASALOG REFIL Cartridge is available only as an injection .
BASALOG REFIL Cartridge should be used for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication can alter the blood glucose levels.
You must avoid driving if you experience dizziness or drowsiness after using BASALOG REFIL Cartridge.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.