BACTIV Capsule 10's
By East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is BACTIV Capsule used for?
BACTIV Capsule capsule/ tablet is used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.
BACTIV Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BACTIV Capsule work?
In BACTIV Capsule, Bifidobacterium belongs to the class of drugs called probiotics. It is a friendly bacterium that breaks down food and help in the uptake of nutrients.
Lactobacillus belongs to the class of drugs called probiotics. Lactobacillus acts by restoring and balancing useful bacteria in the intestine, thereby improving the digestion.
How to take BACTIV Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BACTIV Capsule capsule/ tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BACTIV Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BACTIV Capsule?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BACTIV Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of BACTIV Capsule:
- Stomach gas
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Stomach upset
- Severe bloating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BACTIV Capsule?
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BACTIV Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BACTIV Capsule causes dizziness.
- Avoid caffeine-containing food while taking BACTIV Capsule as it may increase the side effects of BACTIV Capsule.
You are advised not to take BACTIV Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BACTIV Capsule?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart problems, liver or kidney diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions about BACTIV Capsule
- Can I take BACTIV Capsule along with antibiotics?
- Is it safe to take BACTIV Capsule in children with diarrhoea?
- Can I recommend BACTIV Capsule to others?
Maintain a gap of 2 hours between BACTIV Capsule and antibiotics to reduce the effect of antibiotics on the medicine.
Yes. It is safe to give BACTIV Capsule to children to treat diarrhoea.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.