What is BACSTOL 100mg Tablet used for?
BACSTOL 100mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the urinary tract and the lungs.
BACSTOL 100mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BACSTOL 100mg Tablet work?
BACSTOL 100mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by disrupting the folic acid production, which inhibits the synthesis of bacterial DNA. Thus, it helps in preventing the growth and propagation of bacteria.
How to take BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BACSTOL 100mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take BACSTOL 100mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of BACSTOL 100mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with BACSTOL 100mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BACSTOL 100mg Tablet:
- Back pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Vision problems
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BACSTOL 100mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with BACSTOL 100mg Tablet.
- Avoid prolonged exposures in the sun while taking
- Avoid taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take BACSTOL 100mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to BACSTOL 100mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
Frequently Asked questions about BACSTOL 100mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
- How long can I take BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
- Can I exercise while taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet?
No, BACSTOL 100mg Tablet dose depends on the severity of the condition. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised unless recommended by the doctor.
It is advised to follow a healthy and a nutritious diet as BACSTOL 100mg Tablet may cause fatigue and weakness.
It is recommended to take BACSTOL 100mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
Yes. However, it is advised to avoid prolonged exercising in the sun while taking BACSTOL 100mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.