Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is BACIGYL N Tablet used for?
BACIGYL N Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
BACIGYL N Tablet eye drops are used for the treatment of bacterial infections of eyes.
BACIGYL N Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BACIGYL N Tablet work?
BACIGYL N Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting a bacterial enzyme and arresting the replication of the bacteria. Thus, it relieves bacterial infections.
How to use BACIGYL N Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use BACIGYL N Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil BACIGYL N Tablet eye drops/eye ointment into the conjunctival sac of the eye. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or its surrounding tissue.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take BACIGYL N Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of BACIGYL N Tablet, use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BACIGYL N Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BACIGYL N Tablet tablet/eye drops include the following:
What are the side effects of BACIGYL N Tablet?
The following are the side effects of BACIGYL N Tablet tablets :
- Stomach pain
The following are the side effects of BACIGYL N Tablet eye drops:
- Conjunctival hyperaemia
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using BACIGYL N Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BACIGYL N Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of BACIGYL N Tablet tablets.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if BACIGYL N Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid BACIGYL N Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BACIGYL N Tablet tablets/eyedrops if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid exercising if any joint pain or swelling is experienced.
You are advised not to take BACIGYL N Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using BACIGYL N Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of muscle disorder, kidney, heart or lung transplant, heart rhythm disorders, slow heartbeat, arthritis, seizures, head injury, brain tumour or diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about BACIGYL N Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking BACIGYL N Tablet?
- How should BACIGYL N Tablet be stored?
- Can I take BACIGYL N Tablet to treat common cold?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BACIGYL N Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of BACIGYL N Tablet?
It is advised not to take BACIGYL N Tablet tablets along with dairy products as they make the medicine less effective.
Store BACIGYL N Tablet tablets/eye drops at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
No, BACIGYL N Tablet is only prescribed to treat bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication to treat viral infections, such as common cold and flu.
Yes, it is advised to monitor kidney function, complete blood cell count, blood sugar and blood culture test regularly while taking BACIGYL N Tablet.
BACIGYL N Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with Myasthenia Gravis.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.