Rs.66.00 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is AZILMA 40MG TABLET used for?
AZILMA 40MG TABLET tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
AZILMA 40MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AZILMA 40MG TABLET work?
AZILMA 40MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensive drugs. The drug acts on blood vessels and causes vasodilation to ease the blood flow. Thus, it helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
How to take AZILMA 40MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take AZILMA 40MG TABLET tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of AZILMA 40MG TABLET, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with AZILMA 40MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with AZILMA 40MG TABLET include the following:
- Sodium biphosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AZILMA 40MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of AZILMA 40MG TABLET:
- Lack of energy
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle spasm
- Peripheral oedema
- Severe skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking AZILMA 40MG TABLET?
- Avoid AZILMA 40MG TABLET during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to AZILMA 40MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AZILMA 40MG TABLET causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- It is advised to limit the salt intake for better blood pressure management.
You are advised not to take AZILMA 40MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AZILMA 40MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about AZILMA 40MG TABLET
- How should AZILMA 40MG TABLET be stored?
- Is it safe to use AZILMA 40MG TABLET in obese patients?
- Is it common to experience lower back pain while using AZILMA 40MG TABLET?
AZILMA 40MG TABLET should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
No. It is not advised to use AZILMA 40MG TABLET in obese patients. However, please consult your doctor.
No. Lower back pain is the serious side effect of AZILMA 40MG TABLET. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience lower back pain.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.