What is AVERZINE Syrup used for?
AVERZINE Syrup tablet/syrup/drops/solution is used for the treatment of pruritus and anxiety. It is also used as a sedative adjunct during pre- and post-operative procedure.
AVERZINE Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AVERZINE Syrup work?
AVERZINE Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors and blocking them. Thus, it helps in suppressing the formation of flare, oedema and pruritus.
How to take AVERZINE Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take AVERZINE Syrup tablet/syrup/drops/solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- In case of oral drops, use the dropper provided in the carton and release the medicine into the mouth. Follow the instructions as given in the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of AVERZINE Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of AVERZINE Syrup include the following:
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Severe drowsiness
- Mood changes
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with AVERZINE Syrup?
Drugs that interact with AVERZINE Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AVERZINE Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of AVERZINE Syrup:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Respiratory depression
- Involuntary movements
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking AVERZINE Syrup?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to AVERZINE Syrup or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of AVERZINE Syrup.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AVERZINE Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking AVERZINE Syrup medication in children without consulting a doctor.
- Avoid taking AVERZINE Syrup medicine if you are suffering from long QT syndrome.
You are advised not to take AVERZINE Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AVERZINE Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of seizures, kidney or liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you recently had a heart attack.
Frequently Asked Questions about AVERZINE Syrup
- Is it safe to take AVERZINE Syrup if I have an overactive thyroid?
- Is it safe to take AVERZINE Syrup medication during pregnancy?
- Will it be safe to take AVERZINE Syrup medication while undergoing dialysis treatment?
- How long can I take AVERZINE Syrup?
- Is it safe to take AVERZINE Syrup if I have glaucoma?
Please consult your doctor before taking AVERZINE Syrup medication if you are suffering from an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
It is not advisable to take AVERZINE Syrup medicine during pregnancy. It is highly unsafe to take this medicine, especially during the 1stor 2ndtrimester, as it may harm the unborn baby or increase the risk of birth defects.
Please consult your doctor before taking AVERZINE Syrup medication if you are suffering from urination problems or undergoing treatment for dialysis.
AVERZINE Syrup should be taken for a prescribed duration of time. However, it is not advisable to take AVERZINE Syrup for more than 4 months of duration.
Consult your doctor before taking AVERZINE Syrup medication if you have any eye problems, such as glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.