What is AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet used for?
AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet injection, powder, suspension, tablet is used to relieve heartburn and indigestion.
AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet work?
AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet belongs to the class of drugs called antacids. The drug acts by neutralising the hydrogen ions by dissociating into bicarbonate ions and carbon dioxide, thereby it helps in decreasing gastric acidity.
How to use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet injection/powder/suspension/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet Injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Empty the powder/sachet into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
- In case of syrup, shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet?
Drugs that interact with AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet?
The following are the most common side effects of AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet:
- Mood changes
- Weight gain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Swelling of throat, face or tongue
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney disease, heart failure and low calcium levels.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet.
Frequently Asked Questions about AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet
- Is it safe to use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet while I am on a salt-restricted diet?
- How long can I use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet?
- How should AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet be stored?
- Can I use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet injection instead of AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet tablet?
No. As AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet consists of salt (sodium), it is not safe to use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet while you are on a salt-restricted diet. However, consult your doctor before starting the medication.
Use AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet every 4 hours as needed or as prescribed by your physician.
AUXISODA 1000mg Sachet should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
No, the dosage forms are prescribed as per the health condition of the individual. Please consult your doctor before altering the dosage forms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.