What is AUGPEN 375mg Tablet used for?
AUGPEN 375mg Tablet suspension/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
AUGPEN 375mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AUGPEN 375mg Tablet work?
In AUGPEN 375mg Tablet, Amoxicillin belongs to the class of drugs called beta-lactam antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis by interfering with the action of certain enzymes, thereby inhibiting the growth of bacteria and preventing the infection.
Potassium Clavulanate belongs to the class of drugs called beta-lactamase antibiotics. The drug acts by preventing the bacterial resistance, thereby increasing the action of amoxicillin against a wide range of bacteria.
How to take AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take AUGPEN 375mg Tablet suspension/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the suspension/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of AUGPEN 375mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of AUGPEN 375mg Tablet include the following:
- Severe vomiting
- Persistent diarrhoea
- Cloudy urine
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with AUGPEN 375mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of AUGPEN 375mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe nausea
- Severe vomiting
- Sore throat
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to AUGPEN 375mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of AUGPEN 375mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AUGPEN 375mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid AUGPEN 375mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take AUGPEN 375mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about AUGPEN 375mg Tablet
- Is it safe to receive any vaccine while taking AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking AUGPEN 375mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take AUGPEN 375mg Tablet in diabetes patients?
No. It is advised not to receive any vaccine while taking AUGPEN 375mg Tablet, as it reduces the effectiveness of the vaccine.
Yes. It is advised to undergo liver function test, kidney function test and complete blood test regularly while taking AUGPEN 375mg Tablet.
No. It is advised not to take AUGPEN 375mg Tablet in diabetes patients, as it worsens the condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.