What is ATPURE 25mg Tablet used for?
ATPURE 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) and angina (chest pain). It is also used to lower the risk of heart attack, stroke and kidney problem in patients suffering from heart diseases.
ATPURE 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ATPURE 25mg Tablet work?
ATPURE 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by binding to the certain receptors and helps in decreasing the central sympathetic stimulation. This action helps the heart to relax and improves the pumping mechanism of the heart.
How to take ATPURE 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ATPURE 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ATPURE 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ATPURE 25mg Tablet may include:
- Lack of energy
- Decreased heart rate
- Shortness of breath
What are the drugs that interact with ATPURE 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ATPURE 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ATPURE 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ATPURE 25mg Tablet:
- Trouble sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Unusual tiredness
- Tightness in chest
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of face/tongue/throat
- Rapid weight gain
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ATPURE 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ATPURE 25mg Tablet causes severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ATPURE 25mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication.
- Consult your doctor before taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take ATPURE 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have an overactive thyroid or tumour of the adrenal gland.
Frequently Asked questions about ATPURE 25mg Tablet
- How much time does ATPURE 25mg Tablet take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to take ATPURE 25mg Tablet while having a history of asthma?
- Is it safe to take ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Can I take ATPURE 25mg Tablet medicine before undergoing a surgery?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication?
The effect of ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication can be observed within 2 to 4 hours of taking the drug.
Avoid taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication if you are suffering from bronchial asthma or any other obstructive lung diseases.
ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication may cause harm to the unborn baby. Therefore, consult your doctor before taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet medicine during pregnancy.
Consult your doctor before taking ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication prior to a scheduled surgery.
It is required to monitor your blood sugar and blood pressure levels while on ATPURE 25mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.