What is ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet used for?
ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Nutritional deficiencies
ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet work?
In ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet, Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called dyslipidaemic agents (statins). It acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, which accumulates cholesterol. Thus, it reduces serum cholesterol levels.
Folic Acid is used as a nutritional supplement. It is involved in various metabolic processes, such as synthesis and maintenance of blood cells.
Mecobalamin is a vitamin supplement. This drug helps in providing essential nutrients to the body. It also acts by stimulating the production of erythrocytes from bone marrow.
Pyridoxine is used as the nutritional supplement. It helps the body in turning food into energy, thereby maintaining healthy nerves, skin and blood cells.
How to take ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet may include:
- Unusual tiredness
- Muscle pain
- Weight gain
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Myalgia (muscle pain)
- Myopathy (disease of muscle tissue)
- Muscle spasms
- Anorexia (lack of appetite)
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet.
- Avoid ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet if you are allergic to any seizure medications.
You are advised not to take ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart attack, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, thyroid, diabetes, glaucoma, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet
- Can I drive while taking ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
- How long can I take ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
- Can I perform exercises while taking ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet?
No, driving or operating any heavy machinery is not advised as dizziness is one of the side effects of ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet.
Yes, it is advised to increase the intake of fibre-rich foods while taking ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet.
It is recommended to take ATHEROCHEK 10mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
Your doctor may suggest you the exercises as per your condition. Therefore, please follow the exercise regimen suggested by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.