ATEN D Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ATEN D Tablet used for?
ATEN D Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
ATEN D Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ATEN D Tablet work?
In ATEN D Tablet, Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by blocking adrenaline from affecting the receptors present on the heart, which are responsible for the increase in blood pressure. Thus, it reduces chest pain and blood pressure.
Indapamide belongs to the class of drugs called diuretic agents. The drug acts by eliminating extra salts and water from the body through urination, thereby treating hypertension.
How to take ATEN D Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ATEN D Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet .
If you miss a dose of ATEN D Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ATEN D Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ATEN D Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ATEN D Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ATEN D Tablet:
- Muscle cramps
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Muscle cramps/ weakness
- Decrease in vision
- Eye pain
- Dry mouth
- Extreme thirst
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ATEN D Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ATEN D Tablet causes dizziness.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ATEN D Tablet
You are advised not to take ATEN D Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ATEN D Tablet?
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking ATEN D Tablet.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart rhythm problems, breathing problems, blood circulation problems, kidney disease, liver diseases, diabetes, gout and myasthenia gravis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ATEN D Tablet.
Frequently Asked questions about ATEN D Tablet
- How should ATEN D Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ATEN D Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ATEN D Tablet?
- Can I recommend ATEN D Tablet to others?
ATEN D Tablet should be stored at a temperature between 20- 25°C away from heat and moisture.
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood sugar levels regularly in diabetes patients as ATEN D Tablet may affect blood sugar levels.
It is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.