- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET contains Hydroxyzine which belongs to the group of medicines called Antihistamines. It is used to treat allergic reactions (itching, sneezing), for anxiety and tension as well as for sedation (for inducing sleep in medical conditions and after anesthesia).
An allergy is an immune response to foreign elements which is not harmful to the body. These foreign elements are known as allergens. Allergic condition varies from person to person. Some might be allergic to some foods and seasonal allergies like hay fever and while others may be allergic to pollen or pet dander. Anxiety is a sense of uneasiness, dread, and fear. It might cause restlessness, tense, sweat, and have a rapid heartbeat. It may be a usual response to stress.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is not recommended for use in patients having porphyria, heart problems, and low salt levels in the body. Before taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you have liver, kidney, or mental health problems.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is not recommended to use among pregnant and breastfeeding women. Your doctor will prescribe the right dose depends on your child’s age, body weight and health condition.
The most common side effects of taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET are feeling sleepy, dry mouth, feeling tired, drowsiness, and headache. Contact your doctor if any of the above side effects worsen or persist for a longer duration.
It is used to treat:
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (histamine). This relieves allergy indications such as itching, swelling, and rashes. In anxiety, it works by decreasing the activity in the brain, thereby helping to feel relaxed/sleepy.
Take ATAZEST 25MG TABLET as advised by your physician. Swallow the medicine with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will decide the correct dose and duration for you depending upon your age, body weight, and disease condition.
Stop taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
Nausea or Vomiting:
Take this medicine with, or just after meals. Stick to simple meals. Avoid eating oil-rich or spicy foods.
Rest and relax. Drink plenty of fluids such as water. Apply a pain-relieving balm on the head if required. Do not consume alcohol. Consult your doctor if the symptom did not improve.
If you feel dizzy, keep your eyes closed sit or lie down. Do not drive or operate machinery. Consult your doctor if the symptom did not improve.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is generally not recommended to use in pregnant women unless considered clearly necessary. Consult your doctor before taking it.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is generally not recommended to use in breastfeeding women as it may pass through breast milk. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Do not drive or operate any machines if you feel drowsy and feel less alert than usual after taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET.
Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET as it may increase the risk of side effects.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET should be taken with caution in patients with kidney problems and bladder outflow obstruction. Consult your doctor before taking.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET should be taken with caution in patients with liver problems. Consult your doctor before taking.
Do not take ATAZEST 25MG TABLET if you are allergic to Hydroxyzine or any other piperazine derivatives, aminophylline, ethylenediamine, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET should be taken with caution in patients with breathing problems. Consult your doctor before taking.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is not recommended for patients with prolonged QT interval causing irregular heartbeat and/or palpitations or low heart rate. It should be taken with caution in patients with high blood pressure and mild to moderate heart problems. Consult your doctor before taking.
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is not recommended for use if you:
Before taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you:
Use in pediatrics:
Your doctor will prescribe the right dose depends on your child’s age, body weight and health condition. Consult your doctor before taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET.
Use in geriatrics:
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET should be used with caution in elderly patients. Consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Before taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET, inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicine:
If you or anyone else accidentally takes too much of ATAZEST 25MG TABLET, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital. Symptoms of overdosage nausea, vomiting, feeling sleepy, confusion, heart palpitations, unreactive pupils, the shakes, hallucinations, breathing problems, fits or low blood pressure.
|Pharmacological Category||:|| |
|Therapeutic Indication||:|| |
Treats anxiety and skin conditions (inflammation and itching)
|Dosage Forms||:|| |
Tablet, Syrup, Drops, Injection, Oral drops, Oral solution, Solution
How does ATAZEST 25MG TABLET work for allergies?
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET works by decreasing the inflammation caused by allergies. It reduces inflammation by blocking the release of a natural chemical in our body, called histamine, that causes allergic symptoms such as swelling, redness, and pain.
Is it safe to use ATAZEST 25MG TABLET if I have glaucoma?
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET may cause increased pressure in the eye in patients having glaucoma. Consult your doctor before taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET.
What if I forget to take a dose of ATAZEST 25MG TABLET?
If you forget a dose of ATAZEST 25MG TABLET, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the prescribed time. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one as this may increase the chances of developing side effects.
Can I stop taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET without consulting your doctor even if you are feeling better. Your symptoms may improve before the condition is completely cured. Therefore, for better and complete treatment, it is advised to continue your treatment for the prescribed duration.
What should I tell my doctor before starting treatment with ATAZEST 25MG TABLET?
Before starting treatment with ATAZEST 25MG TABLET, tell your doctor if you have any other health problems, like kidney, heart, or liver-related issues. This is because certain medical conditions may affect the treatment and may even need dose modifications. Let your doctor know about all the other medicines you are taking because they may affect or get affected by ATAZEST 25MG TABLET.
Can ATAZEST 25MG TABLET be used in pregnant women?
ATAZEST 25MG TABLET is generally not recommended to use among pregnant women unless considered clearly necessary. Consult your doctor before taking ATAZEST 25MG TABLET.
1. Randal A. Skidgel. Histamine, Bradykinin, and Their Antagonists. Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological basics of Therapeutics. 13th Edition. New York McGraw Hill Medical 2018. Page – 711-726.
2. KD. Tripathi. Histamine and Antihistaminics. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Seventh edition. 2013. Page – 159-169.
3. Pierre-Michel Llorca, Christian Spadone, Olivier Sol, Anne Danniau, Thierry Bougerol, Emmanuelle Corruble, Michel Faruch, Jean-Paul Macher, Eric Sermet, Dominique Servant. Efficacy and safety of hydroxyzine in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: a 3-month double-blind study. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. November 2002. [Accessed on 15th June 2022] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12444816/
4. Amir Garakani1, James W. Murrough, Rafael C. Freire, Robyn P. Thom, Kaitlyn Larkin, Frank D. Buono and Dan V. Iosifescu. Pharmacotherapy of Anxiety Disorders: Current and Emerging Treatment Options. Frontiers Psychiatry. December 2020. [Accessed on 15th June 2022] https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2020.595584/full
5. Wenstrup, Susie MD; Hogan, Paul DO; Gonzalez, Ivan MD. Is hydroxyzine effective in reducing anxiety symptoms in adults? Journal of Evidence based Practice. October 2020. [Accessed on 15th June 2022] https://journals.lww.com/ebp/Citation/2020/10000/Is_hydroxyzine_effective_in_reducing_anxiety.25.aspx
6. Member States of the EEA. docetp.mpa.se. [Revised in December 2021] [Accessed on 15th June 2022] https://docetp.mpa.se/LMF/Hydroxyzine%20Bluefish%2010%20mg%20film-coated%20tablet%20ENG%20PL_09001bee807a3969.pdf
7. UCB Pharma Limited. www.hpra.ie. [Revised in August 2015] [Accessed on 15th June 2022] https://www.hpra.ie/img/uploaded/swedocuments/2163517.PA0891_005_001.eefe53c6-4fb7-44d3-9339-d184c5ebb91d.000001Ucerax%2025mg%20Tablets%20PIL.150826.pdf
8. GSK limited. gskpro.com. [Revised in June 2019] [Accessed on 15th June 2022] https://gskpro.com/content/dam/global/hcpportal/en_SG/products/PDF/atarax/pdf/atarax_pi_ncds06si_approved_17sep19.pdf
Additional Discount on this product
Please get a call back from our expert
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.