ASTHALIN ROTACAP 30'S
By CIPLA LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top brand available
No top generic available
|No|| generic substitutes available |
What is Salbutamol used for?
Salbutamol is used in the prevention and treatment of bronchospasm in patients with bronchitis, asthma and emphysema.
Salbutamol may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Salbutamol work?
Salbutamol belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilators. It works by stimulating the beta receptors. This helps in relaxing the muscles of the airways and improving the air flow to and from the lungs.
How to use Salbutamol?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Salbutamol with or without food.
- Measure the prescribed amount of Salbutamol syrup before taking each dose. Shake the container well before use.
- Salbutamol inhaler/respule should be inhaled by mouth using a device recommended by the doctor and should never be swallowed directly. Before using it, shake the inhaler for at least 10 seconds.
If you miss a dose of Salbutamol, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with Salbutamol?
The drugs that interact with Salbutamol:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Salbutamol?
The following are the most common side effects of Salbutamol:
- Muscle cramps
- Dryness in the mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Lactic acidosis
- Low blood potassium levels
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face, tongue and throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Salbutamol?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Salbutamol.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on Salbutamol medication as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult the doctor immediately if you experience unexpected increase in wheezing.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
- Inform the doctor if you have to undergo any surgery, including dental surgery.
What should you tell your doctor before using Salbutamol?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Salbutamol.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Salbutamol
- How is Salbutamol stored?
- Can I use a higher dose of Salbutamol for faster recovery?
Salbutamol is stored at room temperature between 20 – 25°C, away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
No, do not alter the dosage of Salbutamol as excessive use may cause adverse effects and may sometimes be fatal. Please use Salbutamol as prescribed by the doctor.
The overdose symptoms of Salbutamol include seizures, nervousness, fatigue, malaise and headache. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, do not drive while on Salbutamol as it may cause drowsiness or blurred vision.
People who are allergic to milk proteins should be cautious while using Salbutamol. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.