What is ASTHAFEN Syrup used for?
ASTHAFEN Syrup eye drops are used for the prevention and treatment of allergic or seasonal conjunctivitis.
ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet is used to relieve the symptoms of asthma. ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet is used as a part of chronic treatment for mild atopic asthma.
ASTHAFEN Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ASTHAFEN Syrup work?
ASTHAFEN Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. Histamines are the inflammatory mediators, which are responsible for allergic symptoms. ASTHAFEN Syrup acts by inhibiting the release of histamines from the mast cells.
How to use ASTHAFEN Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ASTHAFEN Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instill one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye usually twice a day. Do not let the dropper tip to touch your eye or any other surface so as to avoid contamination.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
The overdose symptoms of ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet may include:
- Passing out
- Increased difficulty in breathing
What are the drugs that interact with ASTHAFEN Syrup?
Drugs that interact with ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet include the following:
- Sleeping pills
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ASTHAFEN Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of ASTHAFEN Syrup eye drops:
- Irritation of eyes
- Stuffy nose
- Dry eyes
- Eye pain
- Increased redness or swelling of eyes
The following are the most common side effects of ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet:
- Trouble in breathing
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ASTHAFEN Syrup?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ASTHAFEN Syrup or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ASTHAFEN Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ASTHAFEN Syrup during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before using ASTHAFEN Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any other respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if have undergone any eye surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about ASTHAFEN Syrup
- How should ASTHAFEN Syrup be stored?
- Can I use oral anti-diabetic drugs along with ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ASTHAFEN Syrup tablet?
- Is it safe to use ASTHAFEN Syrup eye drops in patients with glaucoma?
Store ASTHAFEN Syrup at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
Concomitant use of ASTHAFEN Syrup with oral anti-diabetic drugs may result in reversible thrombocytopenia (low platelet count). Consult your doctor before using any drug.
No. It is not safe to change the dose of ASTHAFEN Syrup unless suggested by the doctor.
You should not use ASTHAFEN Syrup eye drops if you have glaucoma. Please consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.