Rs.45.00 (65% Savings)
Rs.47.00 (63% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ASOMEX 5mg Tablet used for?
ASOMEX 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to prevent heart attack, stroke and kidney problems.
ASOMEX 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ASOMEX 5mg Tablet work?
ASOMEX 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. This drug works by blocking the entry of calcium ions into the muscles of the myocardium. This causes vasodilation of vascular smooth muscles, which reduces blood pressure.
How to take ASOMEX 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ASOMEX 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ASOMEX 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ASOMEX 5mg Tablet may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Chest tightness
What are the drugs that interact with ASOMEX 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ASOMEX 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ASOMEX 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ASOMEX 5mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle spasms
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest tightness
- Blurred vision
- Black or tarry stools
- Irregular heartbeat
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ASOMEX 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ASOMEX 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ASOMEX 5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medication causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
- Consult your doctor before taking ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take ASOMEX 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ASOMEX 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney impairment, respiratory disease, liver disease or heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about ASOMEX 5mg Tablet
- How much time does ASOMEX 5mg Tablet take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to take ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Is alcohol consumption safe while on ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medication?
- Does ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medication cause weight gain?
ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medicine may show its effect within 6 to 12 hours after taking it.
It is not advisable to take ASOMEX 5mg Tablet during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor for potential benefits and risks before taking the medication.
Avoid consumption of alcohol as it can lower the blood pressure and alter the absorption of ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medicine.
ASOMEX 5mg Tablet can build up fluid in your body, which may result in weight gain. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs while on ASOMEX 5mg Tablet medication as they can cause weight gain.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.