What is ASCORIL LS Drops used for?
ASCORIL LS Drops oral drops/syrup is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Breathing problems
- Removal of mucus
ASCORIL LS Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ASCORIL LS Drops work?
In ASCORIL LS Drops, Ambroxol + Guaiphenesin belongs to the class of drugs called expectorant drugs. The drug acts by thinning and loosening the mucus; thus, it clears congestion and eases breathing.
Levosalbutamol belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilator drugs. The drug acts by relaxing the airway muscles, thereby opening breathing passages. Thus, it helps to ease breathing.
How to take ASCORIL LS Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ASCORIL LS Drops oral drops/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- For ASCORIL LS Drops oral drops, please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of ASCORIL LS Drops, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ASCORIL LS Drops?
Drugs that interact with ASCORIL LS Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ASCORIL LS Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of ASCORIL LS Drops:
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle pain and cramps
- Decreased appetite
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Yellow skin and eyes
- Blurred vision
- Bleeding from gums and nose
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Fast heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ASCORIL LS Drops?
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ASCORIL LS Drops cause dizziness.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ASCORIL LS Drops.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ASCORIL LS Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ASCORIL LS Drops?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any allergic reactions with the usage of ASCORIL LS Drops.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as diabetes, irregular heartbeat, angina, previous heart attack, high blood pressure, kidney disease, seizure, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma, smoker's cough, and cough with blood or mucous and gastric ulceration.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking ASCORIL LS Drops.
Frequently Asked Questions about ASCORIL LS Drops
- Can I recommend this medication to others?
- How should ASCORIL LS Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ASCORIL LS Drops?
No. It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
ASCORIL LS Drops should be stored below 25°C away from light, heat and moisture.
No. It is not advisable to alter the prescribed dose. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.