What is ASCAPIL 12A Tablet used for?
ASCAPIL 12A Tablet syrup and tablet is used for the treatment of nematode infestations.
ASCAPIL 12A Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ASCAPIL 12A Tablet work?
ASCAPIL 12A Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-helminthic drugs. Albendazole acts by inhibiting certain intestinal enzymes, which decrease its nutritional supply to worms. Thus, it helps to immobilise and kill worms.
Ivermectin increases the permeability of cell wall, which ultimately leads to the paralysis and death of worms. Thus, it helps in treating worm infections.
How to take ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ASCAPIL 12A Tablet syrup and tabletas prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ASCAPIL 12A Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet:
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Postural hypotension
- Severe fever
- Skin rash
- Tachycardia (increased heart beat)
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ASCAPIL 12A Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ASCAPIL 12A Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ASCAPIL 12A Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ASCAPIL 12A Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while taking ASCAPIL 12A Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about ASCAPIL 12A Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet?
- How should ASCAPIL 12A Tablet tablet be stored?
No. It is unsafe to alter the dose of ASCAPIL 12A Tablet. Consult the doctor before altering the dose.
ASCAPIL 12A Tablet is contraindicated if you have bone marrow suppression.
ASCAPIL 12A Tablet tablet should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.