Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is ARTHOCERIN G Tablet used for?
ARTHOCERIN G Tablet tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of pain and swelling caused due to osteoarthritis.
ARTHOCERIN G Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ARTHOCERIN G Tablet work?
In ARTHOCERIN G Tablet, Diacerein belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic drugs. It works by inhibiting the activity of interleukin 1, which in turn reduces the production of a gene responsible for inflammation. Thus, it helps in reducing pain and swelling.
Glucosamine and Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) are dietary supplements and possess anti-inflammatory properties. It acts by stimulating the cartilage and fluid formation around the joints, thereby reducing friction, stiffness and pain. It also inhibits the chemicals causing inflammation and pain.
How to take ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ARTHOCERIN G Tablet tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take ARTHOCERIN G Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of ARTHOCERIN G Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ARTHOCERIN G Tablet may include the following:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ARTHOCERIN G Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ARTHOCERIN G Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic skin reaction
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Severe abdominal pain
- Persistent diarrhoea
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
- Avoid ARTHOCERIN G Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on ARTHOCERIN G Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with ARTHOCERIN G Tablet.
- Avoid ARTHOCERIN G Tablet if you are allergic to the drug or any of its ingredients.
You are advised not to take ARTHOCERIN G Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in ARTHOCERIN G Tablet
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ARTHOCERIN G Tablet
- Can I drive while taking ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
- How long can I take ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking ARTHOCERIN G Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to drive or operate any heavy machinery as dizziness is one of the side effects of ARTHOCERIN G Tablet.
It is advisable to include fiber-rich foods in your diet as constipation is one of the side effects of ARTHOCERIN G Tablet.
It is recommended to take ARTHOCERIN G Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return. However, please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advised to monitor liver function, kidney function, complete blood count and urine tests regularly for every 6 months while taking ARTHOCERIN G Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.