How to administer ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection is available in the form of an injection. ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
Do not use ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection if it contains particles or if the medicine appears cloudy.
If you miss a dose of ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection , contact your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
Drugs that interact with ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection include the following:
- Drotrecogin alfa
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection :
- Mild bleeding
- Rash or bruising at the site of injection
- Trouble sleeping
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black stool
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Loss of appetite
- Nose bleed
- Swelling of mouth, face or lips
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while administering ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection .
- Do not take medication having aspirin or ibuprofen while using ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection .
- Avoid ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection if you have a history of uncontrolled high blood pressure or any other bleeding disorder.
What should you tell your doctor before administering ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection injection?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease, uncontrolled high blood pressure, kidney problem, vision problems due to diabetes, stomach or intestinal problems.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you have had any recent brain, spine, eye surgery, epidural catheter or spinal puncture.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection :
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
- How should ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection be stored?
- Can I take other medications while on ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
- Should I use the same injection site everyday for ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
- What are the overdose symptoms of ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection ?
Yes. Complete blood cell count, kidney function and stool tests may be performed while on ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection .
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
It is important to consult your doctor before taking any other drug with ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection , because certain combination of drugs may cause serious side effects that worsen the condition.
No, ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection injection should be administered at different sites each day to prevent the formation of haematomas (abnormal accumulation of blood outside the blood vessels) at the injection site.
The overdose symptoms of ARIXTRA 2.5mg Injection include dark, tarry stool and bleeding. You must notify your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.