What is ARCALION 200mg Tablet used for?
ARCALION 200mg Tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions.
- Diabetic nerve damage
- Erectile dysfunction
- Athletic performance
- Alzheimer’s disease
ARCALION 200mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ARCALION 200mg Tablet work?
ARCALION 200mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the anticholinergic agents. This drug acts by increasing the thiamine phosphate levels in the brain, which regulates the nerve transmission in the brain and relieves the symptoms.
How to take ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ARCALION 200mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ARCALION 200mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
Consult your doctor for potential side effects.
What are the side effects of ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ARCALION 200mg Tablet:
- Mild agitation
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic skin rash
- Sleep disturbances
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ARCALION 200mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ARCALION 200mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of CNS disorders, kidney and liver disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ARCALION 200mg Tablet
- What is the standard dose of ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
- Can I alter the dose of ARCALION 200mg Tablet?
The standard dose of ARCALION 200mg Tablet for adults must be between 400 – 1000 mg/day. However, the dose may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
The overdose symptoms of ARCALION 200mg Tablet may include a severe headache vomiting and dizziness.
ARCALION 200mg Tablet is contraindicated in lactating women and patients with a history of hypersensitivity to the drug.
It is not advised to alter the dose of ARCALION 200mg Tablet without doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.