Rs.191.66 (66% Savings)
Rs.198.58 (65% Savings)
Rs.205.35 (64% Savings)
Rs.205.39 (64% Savings)
Rs.205.39 (64% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ARAVA 20mg Tablet used for?
ARAVA 20mg Tablet is an anti-rheumatic drug, which is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
ARAVA 20mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ARAVA 20mg Tablet work?
ARAVA 20mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called disease-modifying anti-rheumatics. It is a pyrimidine synthesis inhibitor, which is involved in the regulation of autoimmune lymphocytes responsible for inflammation. It prevents the expansion of activated autoimmune lymphocytes. This helps in reducing the joint damage, pain and swelling.
How to take ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ARAVA 20mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ARAVA 20mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ARAVA 20mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ARAVA 20mg Tablet:
- Feeling tired
- Hair loss
- Stomach pain
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ARAVA 20mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ARAVA 20mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects on the liver.
- Avoid exposure to infections while on ARAVA 20mg Tablet as it may weaken your immune system.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid ARAVA 20mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking ARAVA 20mg Tablet if you have any kidney impairment, anaemia, low levels of white blood cells (neutropenia) or platelets.
You are advised not to take ARAVA 20mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart or nerve problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ARAVA 20mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters before and while using ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
- How long can I take ARAVA 20mg Tablet?
Use of ARAVA 20mg Tablet should be avoided by the patients with tuberculosis, severe liver disease, underactive immune system, and galactose intolerance.
ARAVA 20mg Tablet may lead to impaired liver function and abnormal blood count. Therefore, your doctor may recommend certain blood tests to check the liver function and blood cell count. Also, you may need to monitor your blood pressure while on ARAVA 20mg Tablet on a regular basis.
ARAVA 20mg Tablet is usually prescribed for long-term use. However, you must take medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.