What is APROVEL 300mg Tablet used for?
APROVEL 300mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also used to treat kidney damage in diabetic patients.
APROVEL 300mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does APROVEL 300mg Tablet work?
APROVEL 300mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor blockers. This drug acts by relaxing your blood vessels by blocking the effect of angiotensin. It also inhibits the action of aldosterone and eliminates excess water and salt. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood pressure.
How to take APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take APROVEL 300mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of APROVEL 300mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with APROVEL 300mg Tablet include the following:
- Potassium Chloride
- Sodium Citrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of APROVEL 300mg Tablet:
- Body pains
- Stomach upset
- Joint pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Chest discomfort
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to APROVEL 300mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if APROVEL 300mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while taking APROVEL 300mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take APROVEL 300mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, kidney and liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about APROVEL 300mg Tablet
- Can I drive after using APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of APROVEL 300mg Tablet?
- I am on APROVEL 300mg Tablet. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Can I use APROVEL 300mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Driving is not advised as APROVEL 300mg Tablet may cause dizziness.
No, altering the dose of APROVEL 300mg Tablet is not advised. Increasing the dose may result in severe side effects. However, please consult your doctor if you should discontinue the medication.
No. It is advised to take APROVEL 300mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
No. APROVEL 300mg Tablet is not advised during pregnancy to avoid birth defects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.