Rs.520.25 (50% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.661.51 (36% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is APIDRA 100IU Injection used for?
APIDRA 100IU Injection is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is also used to treat type 1 diabetes mellitus in adults and children.
APIDRA 100IU Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does APIDRA 100IU Injection work?
APIDRA 100IU Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. This drug acts by stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake by the skeletal muscle and also inhibits the glucose production in the liver. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood glucose levels in the body.
How to use APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
APIDRA 100IU Injection is available as an injection and should be administered as per the instructions provided by the doctor.
- For type 1 diabetes, APIDRA 100IU Injection should be administered 15 minutes before a meal.
- For type 2 diabetes, APIDRA 100IU Injection should be administered 15 minutes before or after a meal.
Avoid injecting the drug into a skin area that is swollen and red.
If you miss a dose of APIDRA 100IU Injection , please consult the doctor.
The overdose symptoms of APIDRA 100IU Injection may include:
- Blurred vision
- Muscle weakness
What are the drugs that interact with APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
Drugs that interact with APIDRA 100IU Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of APIDRA 100IU Injection :
- Muscle aches
- Difficulty in movement
- Loss of voice
- Skin irritation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent cough
- Sore throat
- Ear congestion
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to APIDRA 100IU Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on APIDRA 100IU Injection .
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before taking APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of congestive heart failure, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about APIDRA 100IU Injection
- I am on APIDRA 100IU Injection for the treatment of diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How long can I use APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
- Can I use APIDRA 100IU Injection for diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Can I alter the dose of APIDRA 100IU Injection ?
No. Do not stop using APIDRA 100IU Injection even if you feel better. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue the medication.
APIDRA 100IU Injection should be used for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may alter blood glucose levels.
No, APIDRA 100IU Injection is only prescribed to treat diabetes mellitus. However, please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of diabetic ketoacidosis.
Do not alter the dose of APIDRA 100IU Injection combination without medical consultation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.