Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is APIDRA 100IU Cartridge used for?
APIDRA 100IU Cartridge is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is also used to treat type 1 diabetes mellitus in adults and children.
APIDRA 100IU Cartridge may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does APIDRA 100IU Cartridge work?
APIDRA 100IU Cartridge belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diabetic drugs. This drug acts by stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake by the skeletal muscle and also inhibits the glucose production in the liver. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood glucose levels in the body.
How to use APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
APIDRA 100IU Cartridge is available as an injection and should be administered as per the instructions provided by the doctor.
- For type 1 diabetes, APIDRA 100IU Cartridge should be administered 15 minutes before a meal.
- For type 2 diabetes, APIDRA 100IU Cartridge should be administered 15 minutes before or after a meal.
Avoid injecting the drug into a skin area that is swollen and red.
If you miss a dose of APIDRA 100IU Cartridge, please consult the doctor.
The overdose symptoms of APIDRA 100IU Cartridge may include:
- Blurred vision
- Muscle weakness
What are the drugs that interact with APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
Drugs that interact with APIDRA 100IU Cartridge include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
The following are the most common side effects of APIDRA 100IU Cartridge:
- Muscle aches
- Difficulty in movement
- Loss of voice
- Skin irritation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent cough
- Sore throat
- Ear congestion
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to APIDRA 100IU Cartridge or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on APIDRA 100IU Cartridge.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
What should you tell your doctor before taking APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of congestive heart failure, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about APIDRA 100IU Cartridge
- I am on APIDRA 100IU Cartridge for the treatment of diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How long can I use APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
- Can I use APIDRA 100IU Cartridge for diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Can I alter the dose of APIDRA 100IU Cartridge?
No. Do not stop using APIDRA 100IU Cartridge even if you feel better. Please consult your doctor if you have to discontinue the medication.
APIDRA 100IU Cartridge should be used for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may alter blood glucose levels.
No, APIDRA 100IU Cartridge is only prescribed to treat diabetes mellitus. However, please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of diabetic ketoacidosis.
Do not alter the dose of APIDRA 100IU Cartridge combination without medical consultation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.