ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet used for?
ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of depression. It is also prescribed to treat bed-wetting in children.
ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet work?
ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic anti-depressants. This drug acts by producing chemical messengers in the brain such as serotonin and norepinephrine, which helps in treating depression symptoms.
ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet also works by blocking the action of acetylcholine in the urinary bladder and preventing bedwetting in children.
How to take ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. In case of capsule swallow the capsule whole. Do not chew or tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet may include:
- Cardiac arrest
- Increased reflex movements
What are the drugs that interact with ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Cold sweats
- Increased palpitations
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform the doctor if your child has suicidal tendencies, as ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet.
- Avoid ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of sleeplessness and anxiety disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet
- My child is on ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet for bed-wetting. Can I stop giving the drug if my child feels better?
- How long can I take ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet medicine?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet?
ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet can be discontinued once your child stops bed-wetting. However, consult the doctor before discontinuing ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet medicine.
Take ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Prolonged use of the medicine is not advisable.
Do not alter the dose of ANTIDEP 25mg Tablet without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the drug may be recommended depending on the response to the drug.
Avoid consuming alcohol or the foods that may affect the brain function. Also, increase the intake of fiber foods, as the drug may cause constipation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.