ANGISTAT 6.5mg CAPSULE 25's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule used for?
ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule is an organic nitrate medicine, which is used for the prevention of angina. It is also used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF)
- Chronic anal fissures
ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule work?
ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called nitrate vasodilators, which works by releasing nitric oxide. Release of nitric oxide activates certain enzymes that help in relaxing the vascular smooth muscles and improving the blood flow.
How to use ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule medicine is available as capsule, injection, ointment, patch and tablet.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule tablet/capsule should be taken on an empty stomach or at least 1 to 2 hours before a meal.
- ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Apply ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule ointment as a thin layer over the affected area.
- Use ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule patch on a dry and clean skin.
What are the drugs that interact with ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule include the following:
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule:
- Decreased blood pressure
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule if you have any kidney impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before using ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver problem, severe low blood pressure, migraine or anaemia.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule
- Is it safe to use ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule in my 10-year-old child?
- How should ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule?
No. ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule medicine should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule medicine is available as capsule, ointment, injection, patch and tablet.
Yes. Functioning of the heart should be monitored while using ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule medicine.
No. Do not alter the dose of ANGISTAT 6.5mg Capsule medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.