Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
Rs.39.60 (39% Savings)
Rs.55.00 (16% Savings)
Rs.60.00 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is AMTAS LRT Tablet used for?
AMTAS LRT Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
AMTAS LRT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AMTAS LRT Tablet work?
In AMTAS LRT Tablet, Amlodipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. This drug acts by interfering with the calcium activity in the vascular smooth muscle, thereby resulting in vasodilation. Thus, it helps in decreasing blood pressure.
Losartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor blockers. This drug acts by relaxing the blood vessels and eases the blood flow. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood pressure.
How to take AMTAS LRT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take AMTAS LRT Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of AMTAS LRT Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with AMTAS LRT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with AMTAS LRT Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AMTAS LRT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of AMTAS LRT Tablet:
- Swollen Joints
- Trouble Sleeping
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hearing loss
- Severe eye pain
- Sore throat
- Weight loss
- Decreased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking AMTAS LRT Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to AMTAS LRT Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of AMTAS LRT Tablet.
- Avoid AMTAS LRT Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take AMTAS LRT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AMTAS LRT Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you become pregnant while taking AMTAS LRT Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about AMTAS LRT Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking AMTAS LRT Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking AMTAS LRT Tablet?
- Is it common to experience cough while taking AMTAS LRT Tablet?
Yes. It is advised to monitor serum potassium levels while using AMTAS LRT Tablet.
Yes. It is advised to follow low-salt diet or no-salt diet as suggested by your doctor to maintain blood pressure.
Yes. Cough is a common side effect of AMTAS LRT Tablet. Consult your doctor if you have persistent cough.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.