AMLOPRES AT 25MG TABLET 15'S
|Available substitute||2 substitute/s available|
Rs.42.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.70.45 (6% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol used for?
Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol is used in the treatment of:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), not controlled with a single drug;
- Angina (chest pain) co-existing with hypertension;
- Post myocardial infection;
- Refractory Angina (difficult to treat angina, where nitrate therapy has failed.
Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol work?
- Amlodipine Besylate belongs to a group of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine Besylate prevents the calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall thereby preventing tightening of blood vessel walls. This reduces the blood pressure and improves symptoms of chest pain.
- Atenolol belongs to a group of medicines known as beta-blockers. Atenolol blocks the action some natural chemicals in the body (epinephrine) on the heart and blood vessels, thereby lowering the heart rate, blood pressure and the strain on the heart.
Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol have an additive effect in reducing blood pressure.
How to take Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol?
- The dosage of oral tablet of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol as prescribed by your doctor.
- You are advised to take the tablet with meals to avoid gastric discomfort.
- Take your daily dose at same time.
- Do not take Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol with antacids, iron preparations or dairy products.
- Do not discontinue the medication without consulting a doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have taken an overdose of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol ?
If you have taken an overdose of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol, please contact your doctor immediately. Symptom of overdose of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol is hypotension (low blood pressure)
What are the drugs that interact with Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol ?
Drugs that interact with Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol:
- Oral anti-diabetic drugs
- Quinidine, Procainamide, Lignocaine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol ?
Most common side effects of Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol are:
- Dizziness and light-headedness
- Swelling of ankles, feet, legs, hands or arms
Please stop your tablets and contact your physician immediately if you have
- angioneurotic oedema (red, burning, itching areas on skin near eyes, lips, hands, feet and inside of throat, hoarseness of voice, difficulty in breathing);
- fatigue, increased sensitivity to cold, dry skin, weight gain, puffy face, hoarseness, muscle weakness, depression (symptoms of hyperthyroidism (increased production of thyroid hormone by the thyroid gland));
- Dizziness, blurring of vision, sweating, difficulty sleeping, skin tingling, feeling hungry, sudden nervousness, fainting, loss of consciousness, seizures, coma (symptoms of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)).
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol.
- Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol may cause excessive drop in blood pressure in elderly people. Amlodipine may cause dizziness. If you are getting up from sitting or lying down position, do it slowly.
You are advised not to take Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
- you have respiratory obstruction.
- you have cardiogenic shock.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you have second degree or third degree heart block.
- you have low heart rate.
- you have heart failure.
- you have low blood pressure.
- you have severe peripheral vascular disease.
- you have liver disease.
- you have sick sinus syndrome.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol
Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol should be stored below 25°C in a cool, dry place. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol causes drowsiness, dizziness and headache in some individuals. Avoid driving if you are taking Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol.
Do not take grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol as it will cause more decline of your blood pressure. Apart from this, you can have a normal diet.
No, Amlodipine Besylate + Atenolol is not addictive. But, do not take it without consulting your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.