AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet 7's
By MICRO LABS PVT LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet used for?
AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure);
- Arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythm);
- Angina (chest pain).
AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet work?
- Amlodipine Besylate belongs to a group of medicines known as calcium channel blockers. Amlodipine Besylate prevents the calcium from moving into the blood vessel wall thereby preventing tightening of blood vessel walls. This reduces the blood pressure and improves symptoms of chest pain.
- Metoprolol Succinate belongs to a group of medicines known as beta-blockers. It is a 3rdgeneration cardio selective beta blocker.
- Metoprolol Succinate relaxes the blood vessel walls and slows the heart rate. This improves the blood flow, thereby reducing the blood pressure.
- Metoprolol Succinate increases oxygen supply and tolerance in patients with angina.
How to take AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet ?
- The dosage of oral tablets of AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- You must swallow the tablet with water. Do not chew the tablet.
- AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet can be taken before, during or after a meal.
- Take your daily dose at same time.
- Do not discontinue the medication without consulting a doctor.
- If you miss a dose of AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have taken an overdose of AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
If you have taken an overdose of AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet, please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of overdose of Amlodipine Besylate may include the following:
- Rapid heart beat
Symptoms of overdose of Metoprolol Succinate may include the following:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bluish discoloration of lips and nails (cyanosis)
- Slow heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Atrioventricular block
- Heart failure, cardiogenic shock, cardiac arrest, bronchospasm
- Impairment of consciousness
What are the drugs that interact with AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with Amlodipine Besylate:
- Cyclosporin, Tacrolimus
- Diltiazem, Verapamil
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- Rifampicin, Erythromycin, Clarithromycin
- Ritonavir, Indinavir, Nelfinavir
- St John's wort
Drugs that interact with Metoprolol Succinate:
- Albuterol, Terbutaline, Theophylline
- Diltiazem, Nifedipine
- Fluoxetine, Paroxetine
- Glyburide, Metformin
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Chlorthalidone
- Mono amine oxidase inhibitors
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
Most common side effects of Amlodipine Besylate are:
- Headache, fatigue
Please stop your Amlodipine Besylate tablets and contact your physician immediately if you have
- severe chest pain, palpitations, fainting;
- problems in vision;
- muscle cramps;
- itching and skin rashes.
Most common side effects of Metoprolol Succinate are:
- Dry mouth
- Headache, fatigue
Please stop your Metoprolol Succinate tablets and contact your physician immediately if you have
- shortness of breath, wheezing;
- yellowing of skin and eyes (inflammation of liver);
- swelling of the hands, feet, ankles or lower legs (oedema);
- unusual weight gain;
- fainting episodes, irregular heart rhythm.
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet.
- Get up slowly after sitting or lying down as AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet may cause dizziness and light-headedness.
You are advised not to take AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you have any pre-existing heart disease.
- you have liver or kidney disease.
- you have pheochromocytoma (tumour of adrenal gland).
- you have asthma.
- you have diabetes.
- you have peripheral vascular disease.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet
- How should AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I drive while taking AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet?
- Is AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet addictive?
AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet does not require any special storage conditions. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet causes drowsiness, dizziness and headache and affects the driving ability. Avoid driving if you are taking AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet.
Do not take grapefruit or grapefruit juice while taking AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet, as it will cause more decline of your blood pressure. Apart from this, you can have a normal diet.
No, AMLONG MT 25mg Tablet is not addictive. However, do not take it without consulting your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.