What is AMINOFIT Forte Sachet used for?
AMINOFIT Forte Sachet is used as a supplement in patients with certain heart conditions such as chest pain, high blood pressure and coronary artery disease. It is also used to improve kidney function after a kidney transplantation and boost the immune system. It is also recommended for treating certain conditions such as:
- Inflammation of GI tract in pre-term infants
- Pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure during pregnancy)
AMINOFIT Forte Sachet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AMINOFIT Forte Sachet work?
AMINOFIT Forte Sachet belongs to the class of drugs called amino acids. This drug acts by converting itself into nitric oxide and widen the blood vessel, thereby improving the blood flow. It also stimulates the release of growth hormones such as insulin and other substances in the body.
How to take AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take AMINOFIT Forte Sachet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Dilute required amount of powder or granules in a glass of water as recommended by the doctor.
If you miss a dose of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet may include:
- Gastro-intestinal distress
What are the drugs that interact with AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
Drugs that interact with AMINOFIT Forte Sachet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
The following are the most common side effects of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- Inflammation of the airway
- High potassium levels
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AMINOFIT Forte Sachet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take AMINOFIT Forte Sachet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about AMINOFIT Forte Sachet
- Is it safe to use AMINOFIT Forte Sachet while on Captopril?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
- What is the usual dose of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet in patients with erectile dysfunction?
- What are the natural sources of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet?
- Does AMINOFIT Forte Sachet is beneficial in the treatment of male infertility?
AMINOFIT Forte Sachet is known to cause a decrease in blood pressure. Captopril is used to reduce blood pressure and when taken with AMINOFIT Forte Sachet, it may further worsen the condition.
No. Follow a regular diet while using AMINOFIT Forte Sachet, unless any dietary instructions provided by the doctor.
The usual dose of AMINOFIT Forte Sachet in patients with erectile dysfunction is 5 grams per day.
AMINOFIT Forte Sachet is found naturally in yogurt, peanuts, lentils, chicken, beef and dairy products.
Yes. AMINOFIT Forte Sachet is recommended in the treatment of male infertility.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.