AMICLINE Tablet 10's
What is Diloxanide Furoate used for?
Diloxanide Furoate tablet is used for the treatment of intestinal amebiasis.
Diloxanide Furoate may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Diloxanide Furoate work?
Diloxanide Furoate belongs to the class of drugs called anti-protozoals. The drug acts by killing the causative organism in the intestine, thereby reducing the infection.
How to take Diloxanide Furoate?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Diloxanide Furoate tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Diloxanide Furoate, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Diloxanide Furoate?
Consult your doctor for the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Diloxanide Furoate?
The following are the most common side effects of Diloxanide Furoate:
- Itchy rash
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Diloxanide Furoate?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Diloxanide Furoate or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Diloxanide Furoate.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Diloxanide Furoate causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid Diloxanide Furoate during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take Diloxanide Furoate if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Diloxanide Furoate?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Diloxanide Furoate
- How should Diloxanide Furoate be stored?
- What is the recommended adult dose of Diloxanide Furoate for treating amebiasis?
- How long can I take Diloxanide Furoate?
Diloxanide Furoate should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
The recommended adult dose of Diloxanide Furoate is 500mg thrice a day for treating amebiasis.
Diloxanide Furoate is recommended for ten days.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.